Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting Warmer in January

I don't keep up with the weather, but I've felt that it has been warmer this past week. I wonder when the powder snow (lights) will melt off the trees in CityCentre and when the snowflakes will melt off the side of CityCentre One.

So I had this great idea to write about the local restaurants to get the news out about what to try and, more importantly, what not to try (unless you're feeling adventurous). What I didn't think about was how expensive that proposition would be. I don't think I will completely throw that idea away, I just won't be doing it as much as I want to. I guess one positive will be that I will be able to spend more time to think over the experience and provide a very in depth post.

On another note, I think the local restaurants now know the power of an organized event. The restaurants were packed after The Ride of a Lifetime and I bet they made their numbers that day! Actually, a lot of people didn't even know CityCentre existed until they came to this event. I personally think one of the downfalls of CityCentre is that people just don't know much about this place. When I tell people I live here and work here, they have no clue what I'm talking about.

As a little bonus, check out these BEHIND THE SCENES pictures of The Ride of a Lifetime from a few weeks ago. There are a few pictures from near the top of the hotel, so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment