Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 Ride of a Lifetime

Aside from being extremely cold when the wind picked up, this ride was a great experience to be a part of. There were lines and lines of box trucks lined up filled with bikes and portable heaters. They even managed to set everything up without being overly noisy and waking me up. I would say that the ride was better organized than I initially expected. Then again, I've seen the magic that Cathy worked on the gym as a whole. The Founder and CEO of Lifetime, Bahram, was a top notch spin class instructor. He didn't do the usual "stand up, sit down" routine, but made us lean in different directions. My legs feel fine right now, but they didn't feel very good right after the ride. The final 15 minute set ended with an ultra-high resistance level and the last few minutes I could not even pedal without standing up. The resistance was so high that I could not overcome it sitting down! Needless to say, the 2 hours were worth it physically. If you went and weren't entirely drained after the ride, then you need to dial up that resistance more next time!


There were 600 bikes and the previous record for the largest cycling class, which was 450 people in Ireland. You should see what the grass looks like now in the plaza, more on that later. Bring on the MS 150!

No comments:

Post a Comment