Friday, January 28, 2011

Ranting On and On

Ladies and gents, I have come to the conclusion that the residents of CityCentre mean absolutely nothing to whomever plans maintenance activities and I feel like no one cares. Many of us signed waivers that indicate we understood and accepted the sounds and smells that came with living in a mixed-use area. I have no qualms with the music coming from restaurants, or the people screaming at night, or even the cars revving by at night. I still feel that the quarterly grease pump truck is a stretch. I mean, WE GET ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING of when this truck will be here. At least I can put some earplugs in that night if I knew it was coming right? Maybe it should be posted in a public place so prospective residents are aware of it.

Why am I revisiting this topic that I touched on in a previous post? Well, I suffered a mandatory 2 hours of not being able to sleep last night because someone thought it was a smart idea to pressure wash the sidewalks at 12:30AM. The truck with the pressure motor was right outside my window. Does someone really consider this as incidental to mixed-use living? Let me reiterate, GIVE US SOME WARNING SO WE CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY. I could have had an excuse to hold an all-night poker party or something like that if we were given some warning. That would have been fun instead of excruciating like last night was.

I would like to write something positive about CityCentre, really I do. Tonight is the grand opening of Free People, a store that I have absolutely no interest in. When Sweet or Red Mango open, that will be a different story! There are cigarette butts everywhere now even though I wrote something warning of that a while back. No one took heed. I walk by people smoking everyday right outside of building entrances and wonder why no one does anything about it. People, it is against the Houston City Ordinances! At the same time, I see pink parking citations everywhere. I understand, this is a place of business. I just wish I didn't feel so small here. Seriously, I was all ready to write a post about the malfunctioning drainage situation on Thursday, but I thought better of it. I'm not here on a smear campaign; I am here on a truth campaign. The truth is, we the residents, don't matter. It's quite a sad truth. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment