Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bumper Cars

The other day I was driving back from the grocery store when I saw a large pickup blocking the garage. I also heard the car alarm of the vehicle behind it. Guess what happened? Yeah, I didn't realize what was going on until after the pickup made its Austin Powers golf cart-like getaway. I froze and I felt bad about it. I left a small descriptive note saying what type of car and the color, but I couldn't be of anymore help. I glanced over for damage as I was passing by and I didn't see anything major so I can kind of sleep at night. Some of these garages are really way too small for large trucks.

Seriously, not much has been going on around here. The dancing under the stars is gone and the Thursday markets are gone. The website says that they'll be back soon and I look forward to it!

This past weekend has been rainy and overall dreary. Hopefully next weekend is fairer weather.

I found out last Wednesday that Straits doesn't actually have reverse happy hour during their karaoke. I don't know what changed from their original fliers, but a group of us went after work and sang a few songs. When the tab came, we asked why it wasn't happy hour prices and we were pretty much told that the fliers were wrong. Isn't that false advertising?! I hope Wayne Dulcefino doesn't catch wind of this...lol he's probably hot on the trail of something a lot more important.

I'm still waiting for Red Mango to open up. It feels like they've been building it for an eternity! Oh, and how about that candy store? Come on already!

No comments:

Post a Comment