Monday, November 29, 2010

UT vs A&M

I'm guessing there are employees at Midway Companies that were cheering for both sides of the college football battle last week. I say this because CityCentre Plaza was decorated to look like a small football field with painted endzones and intermediate yardage ticks. Disclaimer; I am a University of Houston Cougar, but I do have my own bias. You see, back when I attended college, UH had a forgettable football team. Actually, my first year there coincided with the first winless 0-11 season ever in the history of the school. How about that for a welcome?

My personal bias is towards A&M because I used to drive up 290 to 6 into College Station on most Fridays to attend the football games there. The traditions are definitely interesting, but that's part of what made it fun. I made sure not to walk on the grass in the Quad and remembered to pass the yell up the stands with those crazy hand signals. I attended the 2002 game where TAMU defeated the #1 ranked, undefeated OU Sooners. That had to be the most fun I have ever had at a football game.

I don't have a picture of the decorated CityCentre Plaza at the moment, but I have one incoming. It looked pretty good and I am ecstatic that Midway Companies support local traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment