Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"RA"ckin Roll!

The food business revolves around its customers and I am impressed by RA Sushi's commitment to actually listening to customer comments. First, some background information. I used to go to the CityCentre RA for lunch all the time, sometimes multiple times a week. I would drag some coworkers along because no one likes to eat out alone! I must have filled up their "Nooner" card at least twice in about a few months. More on that card in a future post.


A few months ago, they took my favorite dish off their menu! I tried the replacement dish, but it was disgusting and I stopped going to the CityCentre RA at lunchtime. I am keeping the dish a secret for now, but if you ask around the restaurant, you will be able to figure it out because I've recently caused a bit of a stir over it. I recently voiced my concern over this and received a reply from the Senior Director of Operations on the matter. I have left names out to respect the privacy of the involved parties.

"...I am sorry that we have disappointed you by removing the...from our menu. It is one of the sushi chef favorites. They were always making them for lunch and we decided to try them on the menu. Unfortunately they were not a hit with our guests. We had to pull the item off the menu.
I have spoken to...the GM of the CityCentre location. It would be his pleasure to bring that product back into the restaurant for you. Just promise that you will keep coming back. I will ask him to send you an email to let you know when he is ready. Give him a week or two. I can’t guarantee that it will always be in stock but we will do our best.

Hopefully this will get you back in for lunch to enjoy one of the...They are great.

Take care. Happy Holidays!"


This is textbook customer appreciation right here folks. I will be writing a follow up post after they e-mail me and I will disclose the dish at that time. I want the dish to be popular so that it will always be available! This simple gesture will definitely get me back into the restaurant at lunch. Now they just need to follow through and send me an e-mail! In the meantime I will continue going to CityCentre RA for Sunday Reverse Happy Hour for "RA"ckin Shrimp, Viva Las Vegas rolls and Sake Bombs!

No comments:

Post a Comment